foggy

foggy

I have a Phoenix api that needs to make a couple of post requests. I am fully aware that there are easier options for me than calling :httpc from erlang, but I started trying it out and now I’m curious as to why my request is working.

When I make the following request, the Flask API which I’m calling does not register any params being passed in the body. (Note: remember this is calling erlang in elixir and is not raw erlang)

:httpc.request(:post, {'https://thecorrecturl.com', [], 'application/json', 'any body at all'}, [], [])

To be clear, I am successfully hitting the endpoint, it’s just “any body at all” doesn’t get through. I’ve tried different variations of ‘{“key”:“value”}’ but nothing ever gets through (backslashed quotes, backslashed single quotes, nothing).

What am I missing to post this json body?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

idi527

idi527

:waving_hand:

iex(6)> :httpc.request(:post, {'http://httpbin.org/post', [], 'application/json', 'any body at all'}, [], [])
{:ok,
 {{'HTTP/1.1', 200, 'OK'},
  [
    {'connection', 'keep-alive'},
    {'date', 'Wed, 05 Sep 2018 05:38:54 GMT'},
    {'via', '1.1 vegur'},
    {'server', 'gunicorn/19.9.0'},
    {'content-length', '308'},
    {'content-type', 'application/json'},
    {'access-control-allow-origin', '*'},
    {'access-control-allow-credentials', 'true'}
  ],
  '{\n  "args": {}, \n  "data": "any body at all", \n  "files": {}, \n  "form": {}, \n  "headers": {\n    "Connection": "close", \n    "Content-Length": "15", \n    "Content-Type": "application/json", \n    "Host": "httpbin.org"\n  }, \n  "json": null, \n  "origin": "159.65.119.183", \n  "url": "http://httpbin.org/post"\n}\n'}}

works fine for me. You should probably check your flask app.

foggy

foggy OP

This is what I get for trying things when I have one foot out the door. I’ll be having a word with my python developer tomorrow lol (I don’t think request.get_json() is being used if I had to guess)

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews