mashhadi
I have an list which is like
[[1, 5], [3, 12], [4, 10]]
i want to change it to a map like below
%{
1 => 5,
3 => 12,
4 => 10
}
Currently i am using following code and my question is , is there a better way to do. i mean if there is more concise way, or may be a built-in function to do so.
Enum.reduce([[1, 5], [3, 12], [4, 10]],%{}, fn row, acc ->
acc
|> Map.put(List.first(row), List.last(row))
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
fuelen
kokolegorille
While Enum.into is the simplest, You could have rewritten your Enum.reduce like this.
NobbZ
It’s quite uncommon to use a list of lists like this, a more common approach would be to have the list as a list of binary tuples.
So if you have control over the shape of the incoming list, make it
[{1, 2}, {3, 4}], then it’s easy as callingMap.new(list).Having said that, you can also use
Map.new/2andList.to_tuple/1as this with your initial list shape:Map.new(list, &List.to_tuple/1).lud
Today I learnt that
forhas areduceoption and it’s great !Thanks
romenigld
I tried this code that I never saw:
And I have this error:
** (CompileError) iex:3: unsupported option :reduce given to forNobbZ
Its only available since elixir 1.8. You really should update.
romenigld
It’s true thank’s.
dimitarvp
I would not use
Map.putorEnum.intobecause that means that the runtime copies the map, adds one more pair to it, then throws out the previous one – N times. That’s very inefficient.Go with what @NobbZ suggested: it basically says “construct a new map using this list and then use this function (the second parameter, in this case
List.to_tuple) to convert each element of the list to a key/value tuple” – which is the format thatMap.newexpects.For (supposedly) even bigger efficiency I’d write this:
This has the added benefit that it will break if your list is malformed, namely you want a list of sublists and each of the sublists must be exactly 2 elements long. If there’s even one sublist that is not 2-sized then you’ll get a runtime error. Annoying, sure, but you’ll know you have a bug very quickly and can fix it.