Summer of Elixir - podcast mini series

We’ve been working on a ‘Summer of Elixir’ as a mini series for our podcast JavaScript to Elm. A show that usually covers, well Elm, and other functional topics from the perspective of a JS developer. The goal is to build and deploy a small application with Elixir to learn and share our experience. The first 2 episodes are available

Elixir with Phoenix #84

Elixir Deployment #85

So far it’s been pretty enjoyable, with only mild frustrations. :smile: We’d love feedback, tips, resources. Anything you’ve got that might help us along the way. Check back for new episodes until summer’s over, or we get our project built!

You can subscribe here and follow along: Podcast Feed

3 Likes

I just started listening to the Elixir Deployment podcast and noticed a mention about Google App Engine not supporting WebSockets (called sockets in the podcasts for some reason). This is already solved, see here: Elixir | Google Cloud Platform
Anyway, I am currently trying to do the same CI/CD pipeline with GCP + Kubernetes, so I am really looking forward to the rest of that episode. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You beat me to the punch !!! Today’s episode is about that realization and transition to App Engine !!! https://jstoelm.com/episodes/e086-app-engine

Continuing the Journey !!
Elixir with App Engine #86

App-Enggine WebSocket Support As of Feb 2019, it looks like we’re good to go. That coupled with the $30/month bill we would incur when our gcp credits ran out, this switch seems to make a lot of sense.

Excellent. Adding to my podcast queue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve finally getting into some of the actual Elixir now that our CI/CD is all set up and it’s a blast!!!
Checkout the progress, and look for the full rundown about it this week.

Imgur

Jesse

2 Likes

Pretty sure I called them ‘sockets’ just of of laziness, good catch, kind of a big difference! I hope you got your pipeline up and running with GCP :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

We are making awesome progress !! Auth with Auth0 is totally working!!! Check it out

Elixir Phoenix with Auto0 #88

You can play with it at https://postit.blog