chasers

chasers

We’ve been working on an open source multi-tenant Postgres connection pooler here at Supabase for the last few months.

It’s been rolled out to all projects and are exposing the new connection strings to customers gradually.

@josevalim and Dashbit have been helping with PRs. They’ve been amazing as you would expect.

v0.9.0 is released

The big ones here to get us to prod were SSL support and auth query support like PgBouncer.

I’ll try and update here also as we push features if anyone is interested.

1M Postgres Connections

We successfully reached one million Postgres connections!!

Check out the blog post:

Thanks everyone. Elixir is awesome!

:purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

Showing Posts 1 to 2

chasers

chasers OP

Supavisor v1.0.0 is released!

Notable changes include:

  • Added support for named prepared statements
  • Added support for read replicas and query load balancing
  • Added a client_idle_timeout option
  • New docs build process and website (Github hosted)
  • Docs for migrating from PgBouncer
  • auth_query with md5 support
  • native pool_mode to proxy direct connections to Postgres
  • New metric for unique connected tenants
  • Cache metadata database queries for faster tenant info lookups

Full changelog: Release v1.0.0 · supabase/supavisor · GitHub

Blog post: Supavisor 1.0: a scalable connection pooler for Postgres

chasers

chasers OP

Supavisor v1.1.2

Notable

  • allow_list field on the tenant to support network restrictions
  • More docs
  • client_heartbeat_interval on the tenant to detect zombie client connections
  • Bug fixes
  • Observability improvements

The client_heartbeat_interval helps us detect client connections from behind a load balancer which are dead but did not close the TCP connection correctly. This interval defaults to one minute but is configurable per tenant.

The allow_list field on the tenant takes a list of CIDR ranges and validates incoming connection addresses against this list. The incoming client address must be in one of these ranges to be accepted.

A nice error is returned on a bad incoming address:

Also, started a Supavisor FAQ!

Full changelog: Release v1.1.2 · supabase/supavisor · GitHub

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews