roflbobl

roflbobl

I recently created some live_components where I want to notify the users with put_flash/3 live I normally do in live_views. I know that live_components have their own flash assigns, but maybe add a way to target a process/live_view to send the put_flash message.

Currently I use the method from this blogpost which works. It seems like a pretty standard thing to do, when making components.

Maybe there is lots of use cases I havn’t thought through.

My suggestion is something like this with an optional option:

socket |> put_flash(:info, "My message", target: live_view_pid)

I hope it makes sense

Where Next? Top

Trending in Proposals: Ideas Top

a3kov
I recently learned about this API and was surprised there’s no explicit support for it in the the Phoenix. Example use cases: A webs...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews