James_E
I’ve got a Phoenix LiveView that is updating part of its state every second.
I need to allow certain users to update a different part of the state at any point. I built this widget to do so:
<div class="tw-text-3xl tw-font-bold tw-relative tw-group">
<.countdown_widget
label="T‒0"
duration={Timex.diff(@state._meta.now, @state.t0, :duration)}
/>
<%= if {@is_director} do %>
<div class="tw-absolute tw-top-[100%] tw-inset-x-0 tw-hidden group-hover:tw-block group-focus:tw-block tw-z-10" role="none">
<form action="javascript:"><input
type="datetime-local"
name="t0"
title="T‒0"
value={Timex.format!(@state.t0, "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S", Timex.Format.DateTime.Formatters.Strftime)}
phx-change={JS.push("set_t0")}
step="1"
/></form>
</div>
<% end %>
</div>
however, this doesn’t seem to work. On Chrome and Edge (which will be the only options in prod), the input field is reset to be empty every time @state._meta.now ticks.
Is there any way to freeze the input so it can’t be updated by the server while it’s selected by the user?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ken-kost
If I understand correctly, seems like you need
phx-update="ignore"in a dynamic way - whilephx-changeis happening.I’m thinking, if you had a regular handle event for
phx-change, maybe you could assign a value on changephx-update={if @is_typing, do: "ignore", else: "replace"}so it’s set to true andref = Process.send_after(self(), :typing_idle, 1000)you store the reference of a process that will trigger a handle info which would put the boolean assign to false. Then on start of each change event you cancel it:Might work, haven’t tried it.
James_E
My bad. This while-focused update suppression is enabled by default, but works in Edge and Chrome only when the initial
valuefield applied to the datetime input is valid. The formatting function I was originally using didn’t output correct results; fixing that made it start working.I don’t understand this, I have no idea why that would break this, but Phoenix was apparently doing the right thing by default here.