MatijaL
Hi,
I have a small app in production on Fly.io and Cloudflare and all of my assets have a version added to them, e.g. logo-83f2a9a213b74424476fb160bbabaec8.svg?vsn=d except for one; icons.svg, which never gets versioned for some reason. When I update this file, I have to wait until Cloudflare realizes that the file has changed and then it starts serving the new version. I also want to mention that icons.svg file is in the same folder as all the other svg and similar files.
Does anyone have any idea why is this happening and is there a way to fix it?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Did you confirm that on the filesystem, or by what is actually loaded by the browser?
MatijaL
Loaded in the browser, but it’s not browser caching issue as the same thing happens in the private mode and a different browser.
So, if I update the file with new icons (the file contains svg symbols), they don’t load until Cloudflare realizes that the file has changed and starts serving the new file. In browser networking tab I see that this file is the only file where file version is not added.
Edit: Just tried to do deployment locally and it works as expected, icons.svg gets versioned. So the problem happens only in production.
LostKobrakai
What is loaded in the browser depends on how you link those assets, besides the digested and hashed file existing alongside the manifest. Make sure you use the
static_pathhelper or configure and use verified routes correctly wherever you link to that svg.MatijaL
This is what I’ve been doing so far, yes, I see the problem now.
Is there a way to replace icons.svg above with versioned file?