SweetXml Dependency Renders Unknown Function/4 at ParallelCompiler

I’ve got SweetXml bundled with my project, which [aparently] acts as a dependency for ex_aws lib.
They both are currently set up with the following versions:

defp deps do
   [
    {:ex_aws, "~> 1.0.0-rc3"},
    {:sweet_xml, "~> 0.5"}
   ]

In this case, I’m also trying to take advantage of this SweetXml lib, so I’ve injected it onto my application at mix.exs as well, like so:

def application do
[mod: {ElixirConslogv1, []},
 applications: [:phoenix, :phoenix_pubsub, :phoenix_html, :cowboy, :logger, :gettext,
                :phoenix_ecto, :mariaex, :ex_aws, :hackney, :poison, :sweet_xml]]
end

At the moment, I’m just running a few ‘getting-to-know-it’ tests at my code, which is kind of stuck at compile time because of this error I keep getting:

== Compilation error on file lib/s3_migration.ex ==
** (SyntaxError) lib/s3_migration.ex:18: syntax error before: 1
    (elixir) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:117: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_compilers/1

Before I was getting this error only at the very method I was actually calling this SweetXml method, like so:

def parse_xml({:ok, %{body: xml_value}}) do
	import SweetXml

xml_result = xml_value
	|> xpath(~x"//Bucket/Name/text()"1)

IO.puts "++++++++"
	IO.inspect xml_result
	IO.puts "++++++++"
end

But then after injecting that lib onto my application, it started showing up at compile time.

After doing some research, I’ve come across a few git issues at the lib’s repo thereof which stated that it was some compatibility issues. But I’ve only found that for the SweetXml version 4.0.

I’m unsure on how to proceed from here, since I’m just beginning to get my feet dirty on Elixir world.

Here’s a link of that aforementioned git issue:

Any ideas?