princemaple
Hi all,
Looks like the original authors of Swoosh never posted it here.
I just released Swoosh 1.1.0, and here I am.
1.1 adds Recipient Protocol with @derive
The Recipient Protocol enables you to easily make your structs compatible with Swoosh functions.
defmodule MyUser do
@derive {Swoosh.Email.Recipient, name: :name, address: :email}
defstruct [:name, :email, :other_props]
end
Now you can directly pass %MyUser{} to from , to , cc , bcc , etc. See Swoosh.Email.Recipient for more details.
https://github.com/swoosh/swoosh
Po Chen
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zorn
Grats on the release.
princemaple
Swoosh 1.4 released with a built-in Finch-based API client. (it has always had a hackney-based one)
Now you can pick either
hackneyorfinch.If you implement a custom API client, you can use anything else
https://github.com/swoosh/swoosh/blob/v1.4.0/CHANGELOG.md
edisonywh
Neat! I saw it the other day but I saw it was hardcoded to
Swoosh.Finch, wasn’t aware that I can switch it.By the way slightly unrelated, are we typically meant to start a new Finch instance for every endpoint we connect to for the performance?
princemaple
Not really. A Finch instance can handle multiple pools. Unless message passing is becoming the bottleneck (not likely), you shouldn’t have to start multiple of them.
From Finch documentation:
edisonywh
Thanks I missed that out in the documentation, I thought there is only one pool per instance but looks like Finch can start multiple per host, that’s awesome!
wmnnd
Great work!
princemaple
Unlocked 1k achievement today.
princemaple
1.5 released with Telemetry support.
princemaple
1.6 released a few days ago.
And a ton of documentation updates.
waseigo
Hello everyone, I opened a new PR on Swoosh for a new adapter for self-hosted Mailpit servers. Mailpit is great, because it includes compatibility checks. I’ve been using it for almost 2 years.