Syntax Highlighting not working

Hello!

I’m using Visual Studio Code with ElixirLS and the syntax highlighting stop working after (I think) an update of VS.

ElixirLS v0.5.0

Visual Studio:
Version: 1.46.1
Commit: cd9ea6488829f560dc949a8b2fb789f3cdc05f5d
Date: 2020-06-17T21:13:08.304Z
Electron: 7.3.1
Chrome: 78.0.3904.130
Node.js: 12.8.1
V8: 7.8.279.23-electron.0

vs code|690x352

I’m a little confused, syntax highlighting is working in your screenshot, which is why def is purple, and Repo is blue. If you want more colors than you might want to check out a custom theme for VSCode. There’s a good list of themes in: Poll: What VSCode theme do you use?

2 Likes

Wow… I made a stupid question…!

It bothered me that atoms weren’t highlighted, and that started to happen after an update.

I didn’t realize that the highlight is customized by the theme. So now I’m looking for a new theme.

Thanks for the answer and for not making fun of it!

Thanks!

1 Like

Of course! An honest question deserves a serious response. Good luck finding a theme that you like!

2 Likes

Hi @mauric,

The best way to browse themes is vscodethemes.com. Just keep in mind that many themes have not been tweaked for Elixir. If you like the default dark theme, there is an Elixir-friendly version called Dark+ Elixir that is popular around here. We also had a recent poll on VS Code themes (EDIT: looks like Axelson already mentioned this…a good starting point, in any event). I am using my own theme, called Yarra Valley. Good luck!

1 Like