tiago.avila09
I’m trying to release a personal project to Fyi.io, but when I run fly launch I got the below error:
(SyntaxError) invalid syntax found on nofile:1:1:
error: unexpected token: "\" (column 1, code point U+005C)
│
1 │ \true Code.ensure_loaded?(Mix.Tasks.Phx.Gen.Release)\"
│ ^
│
└─ nofile:1:1
(elixir 1.16.2) lib/code.ex:571: Code.validated_eval_string/3
(elixir 1.16.2) lib/enum.ex:987: Enum."-each/2-lists^foreach/1-0-"/2
(mix 1.16.2) lib/mix/tasks/run.ex:142: Mix.Tasks.Run.run/5
(mix 1.16.2) lib/mix/tasks/run.ex:85: Mix.Tasks.Run.run/1
(mix 1.16.2) lib/mix/task.ex:478: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
(mix 1.16.2) lib/mix/cli.ex:96: Mix.CLI.run_task/2
c:/Program Files/Elixir/bin/mix:2: (file)
(elixir 1.16.2) lib/code.ex:1489: Code.require_file/2
Here’s the Erlang and Elixir versions I’m using:
Erlang/OTP 25
Elixir 1.16.2
And here’s the list of deps:
{:phoenix, "~> 1.7.9"},
{:phoenix_html, "~> 3.3"},
{:phoenix_live_reload, "~> 1.2", only: :dev},
{:phoenix_live_view, "~> 0.19.0"},
{:floki, ">= 0.30.0", only: :test},
{:phoenix_live_dashboard, "~> 0.8.0"},
{:esbuild, "~> 0.7", runtime: Mix.env() == :dev},
{:tailwind, "~> 0.2.0", runtime: Mix.env() == :dev},
{:swoosh, "~> 1.3"},
{:finch, "~> 0.13"},
{:telemetry_metrics, "~> 0.6"},
{:telemetry_poller, "~> 1.0"},
{:gettext, "~> 0.20"},
{:jason, "~> 1.2"},
{:plug_cowboy, "~> 2.5"},
{:phoenix_ecto, "~> 4.0"},
{:credo, "~> 1.7", only: [:dev, :test], runtime: false},
{:horde, "~> 0.9.0"},
{:excoveralls, "~> 0.18", only: :test}
I set the environment to PROD and ran mix compile and then mix phx.gen.release, but I didn’t get the error by doing that.
Does anyone know how to proceed?
Thanks in advance! ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cevado
are you using releases?
Mixisn’t available in releases.have you aready read this page? Deploying with Releases — Phoenix v1.8.8
al2o3cr
That string appears to be generated here:
but how that produces a literal
\is not clear…tiago.avila09
Yes, I read it and followed all the steps from Deploying on Fly.io — Phoenix v1.8.8
tiago.avila09
Interesting! Thanks for your answer. I posted that on the Fly.io community, let’s see what they tell me.