stabilow

stabilow

Hello all,

I am new to Phoenix and web development (but love both of them).

I am writing a toy application and decided to use https://tailwind-elements.com that provides me with some cool components.

I successfully managed to install the library and use it in my app.
However, I encountered a small issue and I have some difficulties to fix it. Maybe you could give me a hand! :slight_smile:

The issue is the following. I am working within a LiveView, and use the video carousel basic example from https://tailwind-elements.com/docs/standard/components/video-carousel. Once the LiveView’s socket is connected, the carousel disappears. If I remove the line liveSocket.connect(); from my app.js then everything works fine.

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you in advance !

Best

Showing Posts 1 to 3

benstepp

benstepp

I’m not too sure how the library works, but you should be able to use a phx-hook for this, something like:

# app.js
import {Carousel, initTE} from 'tw-elements'

const Hooks = {}
Hooks.Carousel = {
  mounted() {
    initTE({ Carousel })
  }
}

let csrfToken = document.querySelector("meta[name='csrf-token']").getAttribute("content")
let liveSocket = new LiveSocket("/live", Socket, {hooks: Hooks, params: {_csrf_token: csrfToken}})
<div
  id="carouselExampleCaptions"
  phx-hook="Carousel"
  class="relative"
  data-te-carousel-init
  data-te-ride="carousel">
stabilow

stabilow OP

Thank you, it works perfectly with the phx-hook.

elvanja

elvanja

@stabilow how did you manage to install tw-elements?

I did:

  • npm install tw-elements --save in assets folder
  • added "./node_modules/tw-elements/dist/js/**/*.js", to tailwind config
  • and require("tw-elements/dist/plugin") in plugins

But I keep getting Error: Cannot find module '@tailwindcss/forms' which is strange. Also, when tw-elements stuff is removed, that line does not fail.

Thank you for your time!
P.S. Maybe better open a new thread?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews