Laetitia
Hi guys,
I would like to know if anybody could help me.
I have a genserver that calls a TaskSupervisor to start tasks like this:
task =
Task.Supervisor.async_nolink(
UiccProvisioningsSupervisor,
fn -> Toto.bar() end
)
Process.send_after(self(), {:kill, task}, state.task_timeout)
and a handle_info like this:
def handle_info({:kill, task}, %{tasks: tasks} = state) do
if tasks[task.ref] do
Task.shutdown(task, :brutal_kill)
Toto.call_to_db()
{:noreply, %{state | tasks: Map.delete(tasks, task.ref)}}
else
{:noreply, state}
end
The toto.foo contains a transaction like this:
def foo(params) do
Repo.transaction(fn ->
ota_request = Repo.insert!(%Foo{} |> Foo.create_changeset(params))
Process.sleep(150)
end)
end
In this case , I got in the terminate callback of the Genserver:
scheduler terminated: {{:shutdown,
%DBConnection.ConnectionError{
message: "client #PID<0.698.0> exited",
reason: :error,
severity: :error
}},
{DBConnection.Holder, :checkout,
[
#PID<0.682.0>,
[
log: #Function<13.1473765/1 in Ecto.Adapters.SQL.with_log/3>,
source: "uicc_provisionings",
cast_params: [nil, nil, ~N[2023-06-22 11:12:24], "icc_id_3529"],
repo: SimManager.Repo,
timeout: 15000,
pool: DBConnection.Ownership,
pool_size: 10
]
]}}
I found that the task is the exited client. And the problem disappears when I remove the transaction.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
Hard to say 100% without real code, but my suspicion is that the Task ends up sharing a database connection with the GenServer, then
brutal_killing the Task leaves the connection in an unusable state.