wintermeyer
Wenn I run a test which assert html_response(conn, 200) =~ something but fails I get the HTML code of the left side of the test displayed in the terminal. But since it can be a very long on complex webpage that often doesn’t help me a lot (very hard to read through it in the terminal).
Is there a way to fire up a web browser with that code or to put it in the clipboard?
$ mix test
.....
1) test GET / (FeriendatenWeb.VacationSlugControllerTest)
test/feriendaten_web/controllers/vacation_slug_controller_test.exs:6
Assertion with =~ failed
code: assert html_response(conn, 200) =~ "Sommerferien 2029"
left: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=\"de\">\n <head>\n <meta charset=\"utf-8\">\n <meta name=\"viewport\" content=\"width=device-width, initial-scale=1\">\n <meta name=\"csrf-token\" content=\"I1VVFRFvKAE4TFEOGgwHPDQJPF46AD8Hm1aEs0oWVt4yic4cG0Y4V1Pj\">\n <title>\nSommerferien Hessen\n </title> [...]
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
codeanpeace
Yeah, that would be nice to have. I remember how the screenshot helpers would often come in handy when testing Ruby on Rails apps.
To copy it your clipbaord, you could do something like this:
katafrakt
LiveView has open_browser function. You cannot use it directly, because it expects a view or element as an input, not an HTML string, but perhaps you can use it as an inspiration to write your custom browser opening function.
This is also why I’m not exactly a fan of this kind of testing - checking if X is a substring of a very long HTML string. Perhaps it’s better to parse the string with Floki and look for an exact element. Then you would at least know if the problem is that the element does not exist or maybe it exists, but has a different value.