VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot

hey guys i cant connect to my db from a new project,
when i attempt to create a new db using mix ecto.setup / mix ecto.create
i am getting this connection error

01:05:10.426 [error] GenServer #PID<0.284.0> terminating
** (Tds.Error) tcp connect: econnrefused
    (db_connection 2.4.1) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:100: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
    (connection 1.1.0) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
    (stdlib 3.16.1) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: nil
State: Tds.Protocol
** (Mix) The database for Razo.Repo couldn't be created: killed

am working from a windows 11 machine
my dev.exs

config :razo, Razo.Repo,
  username: "sa",
  password: "Qwerty@12",
  database: "razo_dev",
  port: 1433,
  hostname: "localhost",
  show_sensitive_data_on_connection_error: true,
  pool_size: 10

and my_app.Repo

use Ecto.Repo,
    otp_app: :razo,
    adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Tds

Showing Posts 8 to 1

hectorsq

hectorsq

Do you really need tds_encoding?

Perhaps deleting this dependency from your mix.exs file solves the problem.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

You need to install Rust. Apparently the library has a Rust native part.

VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot OP

so i have included it and landed another error

== Compilation error in file lib/tds_encoding.ex ==
** (ErlangError) Erlang error: :enoent
    (elixir 1.12.0) lib/system.ex:1041: System.cmd("cargo", ["metadata", "--format-version=1"], [cd: "native/tds_encoding"])
    (rustler 0.22.2) lib/rustler/compiler/config.ex:81: Rustler.Compiler.Config.external_resources/2
    (rustler 0.22.2) lib/rustler/compiler/config.ex:69: Rustler.Compiler.Config.build/1
    (rustler 0.22.2) lib/rustler/compiler.ex:9: Rustler.Compiler.compile_crate/2
    lib/tds_encoding.ex:37: (module)
could not compile dependency :tds_encoding, "mix compile" failed. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile tds_encoding", update it with "mix deps.update tds_encoding" or clean it with "mix deps.clean tds_encoding"


al2o3cr

al2o3cr

Per the README, make sure you’ve included {:tds_encoding, "~> 1.0"} in your dependencies in mix.exs - just setting the configuration without installing the package would produce exactly the error above.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Better open a new thread. Also post more code and show what have you tried (including library version). Generic questions are usually not answered so please make sure you include some details.

VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot OP

although its generated a new error

 (UndefinedFunctionError) function Tds.Encoding.encode/2 is undefined (module Tds.Encoding is not available)
    Tds.Encoding.encode("DESKTOP-DQ7NHKS", "utf-16le")

tds module not being available

VincentBlackdot

VincentBlackdot OP

i forgot to enable tcp from sql cong file thanks

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Connection refused means that nobody is listening on port 1433. Have you double checked this?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews