Samjowen
Hello everyone,
I’m in need of a telemetry library for my network testing application, mainly to track requests/second and success/failure rates.
I came across this Telemetry library on GitHub and wondered if anyone has experience with it. I’m looking for feedback on:
- Integration ease with network apps
- Reliability of metrics
- Any limitations or better alternatives
Rolling my own is an option, but I am really hoping to not have to if there is a community consensus around the above library.
Thanks,
Sam
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
Handling telemetry is a pretty complex topic so you’re not likely to get traction on your forum thread without asking a few concrete questions. I’d start with something like Honeycomb and check their docs on how to integrate with Elixir. There are likely others but currently can’t remember.
Samjowen
Hi dimitarvp,
Thank you very much for your reply. Honeycomb certainly looks like a very useful and interesting solution - I’ll do some more reading about it and what it can do for me.
dimitarvp
Honeycomb and other SaaS solutions are what accepts your telemetry and is giving you pretty dashboards and everything else. And you pay subscription for the pleasure.
Self-hosted options are:
Have in mind, those are where all telemetry ends up. You still need to add a bunch of stuff in your
mix.exsto be able to have OTel (==OpenTelemetry) code interact with them.I’d say pick one solution (I prefer OpenObserve for self-hosting FWIW) and start experimenting and come back to us if something is really stuck.