garthk
TelemetryDecorator uses Decorator to wrap a function’s body with a :telemetry.span/3 call. I’ve found the results easier to read and maintain than when I make the call explicitly.
To use it, take the dependency and add a @decorate attribute before any function for which you want telemetry:
defmodule MyApp.MyModule do
use TelemetryDecorator
@decorate telemetry([:my_app, :succeed])
def succeed(arg1, arg2) do
:...
end
end
Your event metadata will contain:
- Any variables matched by your arguments for
:start,:stop, and:exceptionevents - Your function’s
resultfor:stopevents (overriding any variable namedresult) - Any other variables you name with the
includeoption
I also include TelemetryDecorator.watch/1 for convenient console watching of any telemetry following the :telemetry.span/3 conventions.
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hauleth
TBH this is probably the only use case of decorator that I find ok with my internal Programmer Zen.