obsidienne

obsidienne

Hi,

Does anybody work on a test explorer ui for elixir ? Something like Rust Test Explorer ?
Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 7

hauleth

hauleth

Do you have screenshot how does that tool look like? Or link to it?

obsidienne

obsidienne OP

Sure, some links

Here the exemple for rust, taken from vscode-rust-test-adapter and

and Test Explorer UI - Visual Studio Marketplace

tcoopman

tcoopman

I’ve been looking for this as well. I don’t think it exists and I’ve looked at some existing adapters and it’s too much work to do it quickly, but I don’t think it would be too hard.
For example looking at GitHub - connorshea/vscode-ruby-test-adapter: A Ruby test adapter extension for the VS Code Test Explorer · GitHub gives you some idea of what needs to happen

To be clear, the reason that I would like this, is not that mix test is not sufficient, but this for me really is a case where a gui can be faster to show you all the failures,…

cj5

cj5

While it would be nice to have a UI, for those who are looking for an integrated testing environment, it is possible to create tasks to run the tests inside VSCode console.

Here is how I do it. Create tasks.json inside .vscode directory

{
  "version": "2.0.0",
  "tasks": [
    {
      "label": "Run test current file",
      "type": "shell",
      "command": "mix",
      "args": [
        "test",
        "${relativeFile}"
      ],
      "presentation": {
        "echo": true,
        "reveal": "always",
        "focus": true,
        "panel": "new"
      }
    },
    {
      "label": "Run test current line",
      "type": "shell",
      "command": "mix",
      "args": [
        "test",
        "${relativeFile}:${lineNumber}"
      ],
      "presentation": {
        "echo": true,
        "reveal": "always",
        "focus": true,
        "panel": "new"
      }
    },
    {
      "label": "Run all tests",
      "type": "shell",
      "command": "mix",
      "args": [
        "test"
      ],
      "presentation": {
        "echo": true,
        "reveal": "always",
        "focus": true,
        "panel": "new"
      }
    },
    {
      "label": "Lint",
      "type": "shell",
      "command": "mix credo",
      "presentation": {
        "echo": true,
        "reveal": "always",
        "focus": true,
        "panel": "new"
      }
    }
  ]
}

And then create keybindings (by using a keybindings.json file inside .vscode or configure globally inside VSCode).

[
  {
    "key": "ctrl+i",
    "command": "workbench.action.tasks.runTask",
    "args": "Run test current file"
  },
  {
    "key": "ctrl+u",
    "command": "workbench.action.tasks.runTask",
    "args": "Run test current line"
  },
  {
    "key": "ctrl+t",
    "command": "workbench.action.tasks.runTask",
    "args": "Run all tests"
  },
  {
    "key": "ctrl+l",
    "command": "workbench.action.tasks.runTask",
    "args": "Lint"
  }
]
Sebb

Sebb

The intellij plugin has a tests-GUI.

https://github.com/KronicDeth/intellij-elixir

There is a screenshot in the readme.

adamzapasnik

adamzapasnik

I released it a few weeks ago Elixir Test Explorer - Visual Studio Marketplace
Unfortunately, it doesn’t handle umbrella projects yet, but I’m working on that.

adamzapasnik

adamzapasnik

New version v0.5.0 has been released with support for Elixir 1.14 :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews