boriscy

boriscy

Is there any way to put_session in a test, I want to test my logout and I haven’t found a way to setup the conn with a sessionput_session(conn, myid), something like the code, but seems difficult to setup a session in Plug

setup do
   conn = build_conn
   |> put_session(:myid, "myvalue")

   %{conn, conn}
end

Showing Posts 1 to 3

DanielBlanco

DanielBlanco

I’m no an elixir expert but this worked for me:

  setup %{conn: conn} do
    setup_conn = 
      conn
      |> bypass_through(MyApp.Router, :browser)
      |> get("/")
      |> put_session(:my_id, "myvalue")
      |> send_resp(:ok, "")
    {:ok, %{conn: setup_conn}}
  end

To put something into a conn session in a Phoenix test you first have to go through you app’s router and then back.


from Sign in as a user in a Phoenix controller test :

erujolc

erujolc

Plug.Test.init_test_session(conn, :my_id, "myvalue") could be used instead of bypass_through + `put_session(conn, :my_id, “myvalue”):

  setup %{conn: conn} do
    setup_conn = 
      conn
      |> Plug.Test.init_test_session(:my_id, "myvalue")      
      |> get("/")
      |> send_resp(:ok, "")
    {:ok, %{conn: setup_conn}}
  end
idlehands

idlehands

Author of Testing Elixir

For anyone hitting this now, erujolc’s answer should be considered the way to do this.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews