germsvel

germsvel

:wave: Hi everyone,

Earlier this year, I started working on a Testing LiveView course. I’m now happy to announce that the course is complete!

It has 28 short lessons, each focused on a single topic.

I hope the course will help people learn both the mechanics of testing LiveView but also the thought process I go through when choosing what to test and how to test things.

Testing applications in the wild is not always easy. There are many trade-offs involved, and features don’t always fit into the perfect way of testing we often see in courses.

So, during this course, we test a real Twitter clone, full of trade-offs, and we consider how to test the application best. By doing that, I hope that when you run into complex tests in the future, you’ll know how to evaluate trade-offs and choose the best test for your needs.

If that sounds interesting to you, check it at https://www.testingliveview.com/

Happy testing!

Showing Posts 1 to 5

germsvel

germsvel OP

My Testing LiveView course is completely updated with Phoenix 1.7 and LiveView 0.18! (and soon to 0.19)

I rebuilt it from the ground up to make it utterly practical.

Each lesson is short and to the point, crafted from my experience testing LiveView apps in the wild, and refined by my ten years of practicing TDD.

If you’re looking for a great way to learn how to test LiveView apps, give it a look!

:backhand_index_pointing_right: https://www.testingliveview.com/

francois1

francois1

hello @germsvel are you working on updating it for LiveView 1.0?

germsvel

germsvel OP

@francois1 Yes, I plan on updating the course. But I don’t think there’s much to update. LiveView’s testing side hasn’t changed since v0.20, so the current course should cover how to test LiveView.

NeutronStein

NeutronStein

Any discount (maybe PPP?) available (soon) ?

germsvel

germsvel OP

I’ve always had PPP discounts. Just reach out via the email provided in the FAQs and let me know what’s a good amount for your country. I do my best to honor that – and sometimes, I already have PPP discounts ready.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Courses Top

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews