cjbottaro

cjbottaro

First off, the silly app that I work on uses Textile (yeah, whole other convo). Second off, there are no Erlang or Elixir packages that render Textile. I’m kinda salty about that (:joy:), but I discovered Rustler… and there is a Rust package that can render Textile!

So here’s my Elixir Textile package that is a NIF around Rustextile. Huge shout out to rustler and rustler_precompiled. It’s mind blowing to me how easy they make this. And how they let charlatans like me be able to do this stuff like this! Huge props for that.

Seriously. Can I write a Rust function? Yes. Can I write an Elixir function? Yes. Can I wire the two up? Absolutely hell no. It feels like Rustler gave me some kind of super power!

Anyway, here is an Elixir package to render Textile using a NIF around Rustextile.

Oh, I can’t get the NIFs to build on Windows. Oh well. Can anyone help out with that? It has to do with building a vendor’ed version of openssl.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews