The future of CPUs

All correct here …

This is easy to answer: NEVER

It depends on which quantum PC we are talking … Would you mind if I would give you an example based on manga/anime?

For example in Naruto we have characters like Uchiha Sasuke and Hatake Kakashi. First one is kid with huge talent and second one is his teacher. Of course at start of story teacher is much stronger than his Sasuke, but after years his power grow much faster than Kakashi power. In result after some years Kahashi have totally no chance to defeat Sasuke even if at start he was much stronger.

Same goes to classic PC and quantum PC. As said first one is almost only able to be enhanced while second is relatively new topic with lots of things to improve. Comparing to Naruto anime/manga classic PC is like Hatake Kakashi and quantum PC is like Uchiha Sasuke and we are at start of Naruto story. :smiley:

As classic PC years ago currently quantum PC are huge and expensive. We still need lots of years to make it cheaper and even it would not solve main problems. There are still lots of things for science to be achieved. And again as classic PC previously was used only by reach and smart people as quantum PC is also used by same groups.

Years ago I read that first quantum PC was slower than classic PC. The problem was that benchmarks was prepared and only optimized for classic PC - i.e. same things were not optimized for quantum theories. Not sure how they run such software on quantum machine … maybe it was some kind of hybrid…

To visualize what gives you quantum technology please take a look at:

Just think what would happen if people would find a way to use those 2 things in same process. Saving huge amount of data would be incredibly fast and storage would be really, really small.

Please also read about bottlenecks about current PC’s architectures and again look how simply they could be solved if people would know how to use quantum superposition in any cases. Data transfers which could be optimized:

1. I/O transfers (like wireless keyboard or mouse)
  2. Network transfers (basically network limited by physic)
  3. Human reaction time (here I mean further connection brain with PC to improve data transfers from mind - i.e. instead of typing just think about specific words)

Oh, another good example of quantum superposition. Imagine if it could be used in Quantum BitTorrent (or something like that) and your streams are going directly to your and all people in world machines. :slight_smile:

Finally think about Elixir using all CPU cores and quantum machine using quantum superposition for all data transfers. Of course it would not be soon, but it would definitely change whole IT (gaming, programming, recording, science, writing).

1 Like