kelvinst

kelvinst

Hi people!

I am wondering if anyone had successfully configured tidewave editor integration to open files on nvim.

I am trying it with nvim +__LINE__ __FILE__ custom command, but no success.

Showing Posts 1 to 6

NobbZ

NobbZ

I do not use tidewave, though usually I need +:<line number> to open a file at a certain line, maybe adding a colon solves your problem?

NickGnd

NickGnd

Hey @kelvinst
I imagine you are referring to Tidewave Web that runs in the browser, right?

I don’t use it, I only use the MCP… But i created a custom URL schema to open file in my running instance of neovim from the browser. It’s quite opinionated, but you might find it useful for your scope. Let us know!

Cheers :victory_hand:

kelvinst

kelvinst OP

Yeah! That’s what I was talking about. Sorry for the lack of context.

Nice work on the URL schema handler, I will try it out soon, and I let you know how it goes.

kelvinst

kelvinst OP

A heads up: I tested and it’s soooooo good.

Had to adjust your config to my needs (not using tmux here anymore, migrated to kitty builtin multiplexer).

I might even work a bit more on it and publish a package to homebrew for it, who know :man_shrugging:

kelvinst

kelvinst OP

And here you go: GitHub - kelvinst/nvim_url: A macOS URL handler for `nvim://` URLs · GitHub

Works out of the box for kitty + neovim… Will take some time later to publish a blog post/video about the release :slight_smile:

Maybe I spent too much time on it already, but I’m enjoying so much the pleasure of opening files in vim from any other places :relieved_face:

PS.: Did you know that on recent phoenix_live_view versions you can hold c/d keys and click on any element that it would take you to the respective component caller/declaration? It uses the same PLUG_EDITOR var you mention on your post @NickGnd

NickGnd

NickGnd

Wooa ! I’m really happy the blog post has been useful and it inspired you :heart:

And here you go: GitHub - kelvinst/nvim_url: A macOS URL handler for `nvim://` URLs · GitHub

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Did you know that on recent phoenix_live_view versions you can hold c/d keys and click on any element that it would take you to the respective component caller/declaration?

No, that’s wonderful, i didn’t know it. Thanks for sharing :star_struck:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews