f34nk

f34nk

Hello!

I just published my first draft of TidyEx, a Elixir/Erlang binding to htacg’s tidy-html5 library.

The granddaddy of HTML tools, with support for modern standards http://www.html-tidy.org

TidyEx corrects and cleans up HTML content by fixing markup errors.

test "can clean and repair broken html" do
  result = TidyEx.clean_and_repair("<div>Hello<span>World")
  assert result == "<div>Hello<span>World</span></div>"
end

test "can run diagnostics invalud html" do
  result = TidyEx.run_diagnostics("<pp>Hello World</p>")
  assert result == "line 1 column 1 - Error: <pp> is not recognized!\nThis document has errors that must be fixed before\nusing HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version."
end

This project is under development! Stay tuned…

Tell me what you think :relaxed:

Best, F34nk

Showing Posts 1 to 2

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Ahh this looks quite nice!!!

f34nk

f34nk OP

Thanks man. Since I already knew how to implement bindings this was a quick spin off. Tidy always fascinated me. Its a nifty little tool for a very special use case that browsers usually ignore because they are able to parse almost anything.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews