lukertty
Install web-mode and mmm-mode first and put this in your config file:
(require 'mmm-mode)
(require 'web-mode)
(setq mmm-global-mode 'maybe)
(setq mmm-parse-when-idle 't)
(setq mmm-set-file-name-for-modes '(web-mode))
(custom-set-faces '(mmm-default-submode-face ((t (:background nil)))))
(let ((class 'elixir-eex)
(submode 'web-mode)
(front "^[ ]+~L\"\"\"")
(back "^[ ]+\"\"\""))
(mmm-add-classes (list (list class :submode submode :front front :back back)))
(mmm-add-mode-ext-class 'elixir-mode nil class))
(define-advice web-mode-guess-engine-and-content-type (:around (f &rest r) guess-engine-by-extension)
(if (and buffer-file-name (equal "ex" (file-name-extension buffer-file-name)))
(progn (setq web-mode-content-type "html")
(setq web-mode-engine "elixir")
(web-mode-on-engine-setted))
(apply f r)))
![]()
Trending in Guides/Tuts
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jsmestad
I was unable to get syntax highlighting to update when modifying the LiveView sigil so I put together a similar solution based on polymode (instead of mmm-mode).
https://blog.evalcode.com/phoenix-liveview-inline-syntax-highlighting-for-emacs/
AndyL
Next version of Neovim (0.5.0) uses the tree-sitter parser for syntax highlighting. Does anyone know how to configure tree-sitter to syntax-highlight embedded sub-languages like leex and sub-sub languages like surface?
axelson
Before tree-sitter will be usable with Elixir someone will have to write a tree-sitter elixir grammar. I’m aware of a few attempts, but as far as I’m aware none of them are close to being usable.
Most recent semi-active projects:
Older stalled projects:
I too am very interested in having tree sitter grammars (and even took a very short stab at writing one). Overall I like tree-sitter’s approach over a large number of brittle regular expressions.
ananthakumaran
FYI, I am taking a stab at the grammar as well. GitHub - ananthakumaran/tree-sitter-elixir · GitHub
mrjbj
I havent’ been able to get this to work after several days of effort. I am able to see the mode indicator change, but the syntax highlighting in the ~L buffer, just won’t adjust. Perhaps it’s related to doom/evil mode, but not sure how to fix. Would be great if you have any further pointers. Thanks, jbj