kokolegorille
Hello everyone,
I am trying to authenticate users from a Windows 2016 ADFS into my Phoenix application.
It is a bit creepy to configure, and hard to debug.
Currently, I can reach the adfs login page from Phoenix using Samly. It almost work, and yet it does not.
I have setup up https, with self signed certificate for dev.
Those are the logs I get in the console.
[info] TLS :server: In state :hello at tls_handshake.erl:364 generated SERVER ALERT: Fatal - Protocol Version
[info] TLS :server: In state :certify received CLIENT ALERT: Fatal - Certificate Unknown
It works with proper certificates, and it works in prod. But I cannot make it work in dev, with self-signed certificates.
Is there a possibility to communicate with Windows 2016 using tls 1.2? Is there something I miss in the process?
I know it’s very specific, but if anybody has done similar interaction with Windows I’ll be glad to have some hints.
Thanks for taking time
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
Maybe the TLS god @voltone can help?
tangui
This might be a problem with Erlang’s TLS implementation rejecting self-signed certificates by default.
See here how to fix it: Allowing TLS connection of clients with self-signed certificates
kokolegorille
Thank You for the response, I am going to see if this solves my problem.
At least the second error is about the client browser sending alert… which has nothing to do with phoenix, nor windows