geegog

geegog

Elixir is a dynamic, functional language designed for building scalable and maintainable applications.

Elixir leverages the Erlang VM, known for running low-latency, distributed and fault-tolerant systems, while also being successfully used in web development and the embedded software domain.

What you would gain.

I have created a Todo API Application where you would easily see how to write an app in Elixir/Phoenix and run on your local Docker container. Also, you will see how to remotely access your container in VSCode, and how to deploy an app to Heroku. It also shows you how easy it is to write test in Elixir :).

Tools used.

Elixir/Phoenix, VSCode, Docker, and Heroku.

Link to Repository on GitHub.

You can find the code to the repo here: GitHub - geegog/todo_backend: Todo Backend application in Elixir Phoenix Framework. Password encrypted using Argon2, JWT authorization implemented and project runs in docker container with Postgres Database and deployed to Heroku. · GitHub

Question.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Guides/Tuts Top

rogach
I’ve spent some time understanding how to do hot code reloading with releases built using mix release, and here I’d like to detail the st...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews