Zsolt
Is there a library for transforming images using streams? Specifically I would like to resize and save images as webp. I’m using the image (Image — image v0.69.0) lib, that does have some streaming, but the methods I want to access won’t accept them. Am I missing something with this lib, or is there an alternative I could use?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Streams in elixir essentially boil down to lazy evaluation. You could always wrap the
imageapi call into some kind of callback.If you can share some more what you need and trying to do (or how it fails) you might have more luck getting help on that one.
kip
If you can explain more specifically what you’re trying to do, and what the failure is you’re seeing I’ll happily look into it.
Zsolt
After reviewing my work I would like to retract this statement:
I found this example in the docs
and with some refactoring it got me where I wanted to be.
In short, I was doing something wrong with the file path, and because of that it wasn’t reachable, so I misinterpreted the errors.
Thanks anyway for the quick responses @LostKobrakai and @kip.
slouchpie
If you need to do this on-the-fly, check out imgproxy
If you put a CDN in front of this, the time to process any image into the desired size and format (webp) is negligible since it will be done only occasionally.
Even if you want to be persisting the transformed image, I would use this.
kip
Glad you’re up and running. And it prompted me to fix that example which should be (and is now on hexdocs.pm):