Hi all! I am wondering about how you usually tune your production releases for real use load. I mean:
- Number of DB connections
- Any ratio between db connections and the async IO threads VM parameter?
- Any ratio of db connections and max concurrent jobs (for those that use something like ecto_job, rihanna, oban and etc)
- Any custom VM parameters that helped you achieve lower latency/higher throughput
- Any libs that you switched because of production workload issues
- Have you had to use/not had to use Erlang clusters?
- so on…
Here at work we are running a few services with Elixir/Phoenix/Ecto all without tuning anything at all and metrics seem great up to now. We are not handling a huge workload but we believe the tide is coming and I’d like to know the community experience on this part of the journey.