albin
I want to assert that the representative’s name is as expected. I have defined the relationships as given in the tutorial.
test "assign representative to a ticket" do
representative =
Representative
|> Ash.Changeset.for_create(:create, %{name: "Joe Armstrong"})
|> Ash.create!()
ticket =
Ticket
|> Ash.Changeset.for_create(:open, %{subject: "I can't find my hand!"})
|> Ash.create!()
ticket
|> Ash.Changeset.for_update(:assign, %{representative_id: representative.id})
|> Ash.update!()
|> Ash.load!([:representative])
assert {:ok, _} = Ecto.UUID.cast(ticket.id)
# IO.inspect(ticket.representative)
assert ticket.representative.name == "Joe Armstrong"
end
This returns the following failure message:
1) test assign representative to a ticket (Helpdesk.Support.RepresentativeTest)
test/helpdesk/support/representative_test.exs:19
** (KeyError) key :name not found in: #Ash.NotLoaded<:relationship, field: :representative>
code: assert ticket.representative.name == "Joe Armstrong"
stacktrace:
test/helpdesk/support/representative_test.exs:37: (test)
I tried various other combinations of Ash.load() but couldn’t find an example for this exact scenario in the docs.
Also, is ticket.representative.name the correct way to get the representative’s name?
Thanks in advance ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Hermanverschooten
Is this the real code? Because it seems you’re not reassigning
ticketin theupdate.albin
Welp! That was too simple to overlook. Elixir noobie here (if you couldn’t already tell). Thanks for the fix.