iamtalha-arshad
Hi everyone, I am new to elixir and trying to setup up elixir on intelij idea. i have installed both plugins elixir and erlang in intelij idea. it shows installed but lang is not shows on lang&framework settings. I’m unable to setup. can you help me. Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lucaong
Not an IntelliJ Idea user myself, and you probably did already, but just to be extra sure, did you restart Idea after installing the plugins? Often that is necessary for the new plugins to take effect.
drl123
Is Elixir not one of the options or is the dropdown just empty? In order to populate the dropdown, you have to first expand Elixir to show the SDKs for both Elixir and Erlang.

Set your Erlang SDK first, since the Elixir one will want you to pick which version of Erlang you want to use, then set the Elixir SDK and Apply. That will then populate the dropdown at the top level where you can select it which will set both Elixir and Erlang for the project. Note that in the small IDE’s (Rubymine, Pycharm, etc.) you’ll need to select the Elixir config for each project, but it will remember the SDK’s across projects. Please see Elle’s documentation on the Plugin’s homepage. Hope that helps get you going.
SergeyMoiseev
This may help. SDK auto configuration does not support Apple Silicon homebrew location · Issue #3141 · KronicDeth/intellij-elixir · GitHub