Hermanverschooten
This my first time using zig and zigler.
I am trying to use the embedded library for wireguard.
I have in the same folder, wireguard.h, wireguard.c and wireguard.ex.
The Wireguard module has
defmodule Wireguard do
use Zig,
otp_ap: :wg_man,
c_src: [{"wireguard.c", ["-Wall"]}],
include_dir: "."
~Z"""
const std = @import("std");
const crypto = std.crypto;
const log = std.log.scoped(.wireguard);
const wireguard = @cImport({
@cInclude("wireguard.h");
});
pub fn list_devices() void {
var deviceNames: [*c]u8 = null;
deviceNames = wireguard.wg_list_device_names() orelse null;
defer std.c.free(@ptrCast(?*anyopaque, deviceNames));
if (deviceNames == null) {
log.err("Unable to get device names", .{});
return;
}
}
"""
When I try to mix compile, I get the following error:
== Compilation error in file lib/wireguard/wireguard.ex ==
** (MatchError) no match of right hand side value: ["error: ld.lld: undefined symbol: wg_list_device_names\n note: referenced by .Elixir.Wireguard.zig:13 (/home/herman/Projects/wg_man/lib/wireguard/.Elixir.Wireguard.zig:13)\n note: /home/herman/.cache/zig/o/f3cd82336c77b73ffaead67d9007ba46/sema.o:(.Elixir.Wireguard.list_devices)"]
(zigler 0.10.2) lib/zig/compile_error.ex:11: Zig.CompileError.to_error/2
(zigler 0.10.2) lib/zig/sema.ex:88: Zig.Sema.run_sema!/3
(zigler 0.10.2) lib/zig/compiler.ex:76: Zig.Compiler.compile/4
(zigler 0.10.2) expanding macro: Zig.Compiler.__before_compile__/1
lib/wireguard/wireguard.ex:1: Wireguard (module)
This function is defined in wireguard.c, so why is it not being found?
If I remove the body from the zig function it compiles and when I look at the exported functions in the generated Elixir.Wireguard.so I do find all the functions there.
I am probably missing something, but I have no clue where to start looking.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ityonemo
this is a bug in zigler. I think i know how to fix it, thanks for the report.
ityonemo
new issue created Sema needs to bind and link C files in order to work. · Issue #417 · E-xyza/zigler · GitHub
ityonemo
@Hermanverschooten should be fixed in 0.10.3, feel free to reopen bug report if it doesn’t work.
Hermanverschooten
@ityonemo Yes! It works, thanks for the fantastic job!