rakeshtripathy
Hello,
I have upgraded to OTP 24 and the application gives me below error.
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016516261Z ** (UndefinedFunctionError) function :crypto.hmac/3 is undefined or private
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016521861Z (crypto 5.0.6.3) :crypto.hmac(:sha256, <<215, 151, 119, 26, 127, 8, 146, 85, 15, 210, 233, 150, 234, 49, 71, 114, 253, 119, 149, 8, 92, 166, 200, 71, 173, 68, 192, 10, 124, 239, 15, 252, 84, 185, 202, 48, 189, 229, 78, 102, 229, 58, 112, 117, 209, 144, 87, 238, 33, 56, ...>>, 'PUT\n\n\n40976\n\napplication/octet-stream\n\n\n\n\n\n\nx-ms-blob-type:BlockBlob\nx-ms-date:Mon, 08 May 2023 09:39:40 GMT\nx-ms-version:2014-02-14\n/test001/uploads/test/docs/test_create/6318/lfp.4d2bffda-5cd1-4d9a-b71a-8d7cd293c197.19f2a673-1f3a-4e06-9257-749b3c09a2b9.original.pdf')
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016528661Z (erlazure 0.2) /app/deps/erlazure/src/erlazure.erl:756: :erlazure.get_shared_key/7
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016532861Z (erlazure 0.2) /app/deps/erlazure/src/erlazure.erl:717: :erlazure.execute_request/2
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016537061Z (erlazure 0.2) /app/deps/erlazure/src/erlazure.erl:530: :erlazure.handle_call/3
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016541161Z (stdlib 3.17.2.2) gen_server.erl:721: :gen_server.try_handle_call/4
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016544962Z (stdlib 3.17.2.2) gen_server.erl:750: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016548962Z (stdlib 3.17.2.2) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
2023-05-08T09:39:40.016567662Z Last message (from #PID<0.5946.0>): {:put_blob, 'uploads', 'test/docs/test_create/6318/lfp.4d2bffda-5cd1-4d9a-b71a-8d7cd293c197.19f2a673-1f3a-4e06-9257-749b3c09a2b9.original.pdf', :block_blob, <<37, 80, 68, 70, 45, 49, 46, 52, 10, 49, 32, 48, 32, 111, 98, 106, 10, 60, 60, 10, 47, 84, 105, 116, 108, 101, 32, 40, 254, 255, 0, 76, 0, 101, 0, 116, 0, 116, 0, 101, 0, 114, 0, 32, 0, ...>>, []}
Please help to resolve this issue.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
rakeshtripathy
currently I am using :plug_crypto, “1.2.5”, but I feel the issue is with erlazure and the errors comes while uploading files into azure storage.
al2o3cr
A fix for this was merged a while back, but I’m not sure if it was packaged into a release:
https://github.com/dkataskin/erlazure/pull/33
rakeshtripathy
Thank you for quick response, could you please guide me how can I check and confirm the same and the next step to proceed further.
apoorv-2204
I think you need to update plug crypto. from this it looks like you are using otp >24. OTP has updated hmac funtion.
rakeshtripathy
I am using OTP 24, and plug_crypto : “1.2.5” i.e. the latest version.
al2o3cr
Until a version of
:erlazureis released with the fixes, you should be able to addgit: "https://github.com/dkataskin/erlazure.git"to the:erlazuredependency in yourmix.exsto use the code directly from there.rakeshtripathy
I tried with this change, but it doesn’t work and gives same errors.
s6o
I encountered the same error when upgrading and old project from OTP22/Elixir 1.9.4 to OTP24/Elixir 1.14.
If I read the documentation correctly the solution is to now use :crypto.mac functions, as the :crypto.hmac/3 is no longer present in OTP24.
In my case I replaced my :crypto.hmac/3 call with :crypto.mac/3
al2o3cr
Either that means:
the updated dependency hasn’t been installed. Make sure you’ve done
mix deps.getafter changing it. What does yourmix.lockfile show now?or there’s another bug that wasn’t fixed by the changes to
erlazurein the “fix crypto deprecations” PR