lawik
Nerves Core Team
I’ve been making videos a fair bit and they typically go both on the blog and the YouTube channel.
Just released this one which attempts to guide aspiring Elixirist through some of the challenges in going functional.
Previously I also released this Nerves Quickstart which I love dearly:
And this big-picture explanation of Elixir itself which has had some nice response:
Trending in Screencasts
A new screencast on moving a blocking HTTP fetch into an Oban job. Part 1 of 2. Screencast + full walkthrough:
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
These looks great Lars… I’ve split them into a dedicated thread
lawik
This is not particular to Elixir but probably interesting to many of my viewers:
lawik
A new one about self-hosting Plausible Analytics is up. Not a lot of Elixir in it but Plausible is built with Elixir:
You should check out Plausible, real neat
lawik
New video! Putting the LiveView on the Nerves. These are a few of my favorite things. I had no voice, it turned out very artistic. Love to my editor.
lawik
A new video is up discussing the stack I would use for a new product today.
I honestly only care about the intro though.
Who doesn’t want to be competent, save time and purify their soul?
lawik
The spiritual successor to my artistic Nerves Quickstart is here.
The @Sonic_Pi project is incredibly cool and I wanted to do something around that. This is the video that came out of it, I’m thrilled by the result
Music credit, a Sonic Pi example by @DJ____DAVE
Let me know what you think!
cpgo
Oh boy, here I go again. Once every 6 months I see a really cool sonic pi demo, I download it, realize I suck at music and uninstall the app.
Still enjoy it every time
lawik
Not quite Elixir but highly relevant to Elixir as we might have more queues than most.
lawik
Electric SQL showcase
I had a load of fun figuring out everything for making this video about Electric SQL.
It does syncing between SQLite and Postgres. Local first. Active-Active replication.
If you like SQLite AND/OR Postgres, take a look.
BradS2S
@lawik i ran across your YouTube channel awhile back looking for good Elixir content and have found your channel educational and entertaining.