Maartz
Hey folks,
I’ve bought several books from PragProg for Christmas – a gift of me to me somehow.
But after few pages of the GraphQL books, I feel like I need to get more in depth with the Ecto one ?
Do you validate this feeling ?
I’ve bought all books related to Elixir @ PragProg and @ Manning so if you have any suggestions of order or whatsoever I would appreciate.
Thanks !
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
paulsullivanjr
I would start with Programming Elixir, Programming Phoenix, and the Ecto book for a solid foundation then the Absinthe book. Just my two cent opinion.
Maartz
Thanks ! It’s a bit hard to know where to start. I’ve read Programming Elixir at 50% I guess.
dimitarvp
You could also walk through the official guide on the website if you already haven’t?
thojanssens1
Sorry, what website?
Maartz
I guess this one
Maartz
I’ve tried to read the docs, but I understand a lot better when applied in a context. It’s a bit hard to read to be honest. I should rtfm but … I can’t
benwilson512
Yes :). Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe explicitly assumes that you have at a working familiarity with Elixir, Phoenix and Ecto.
Maartz
Hey hey thanks !
Well written book. I really love it.
It is my lack of knowledge of Ecto that prevents me from fully understanding the content of the book.
I mean, I could read it right now and not being lost but, I really want to understand every bits of it.