Understand Elixir's GraphQL book

Hey folks,

I’ve bought several books from PragProg for Christmas – a gift of me to me somehow.
But after few pages of the GraphQL books, I feel like I need to get more in depth with the Ecto one ?

Do you validate this feeling ?
I’ve bought all books related to Elixir @ PragProg and @ Manning so if you have any suggestions of order or whatsoever I would appreciate.

Thanks !

I would start with Programming Elixir, Programming Phoenix, and the Ecto book for a solid foundation then the Absinthe book. Just my two cent opinion.

2 Likes

Thanks ! It’s a bit hard to know where to start. I’ve read Programming Elixir at 50% I guess.

You could also walk through the official guide on the website if you already haven’t?

Sorry, what website? :sweat_smile:

I guess this one :slightly_smiling_face:
https://hexdocs.pm/absinthe/overview.html

I’ve tried to read the docs, but I understand a lot better when applied in a context. It’s a bit hard to read to be honest. I should rtfm but … I can’t :sweat_smile:

Yes :). Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe explicitly assumes that you have at a working familiarity with Elixir, Phoenix and Ecto.

2 Likes

Hey hey thanks ! :smile:
Well written book. I really love it.

It is my lack of knowledge of Ecto that prevents me from fully understanding the content of the book.
I mean, I could read it right now and not being lost but, I really want to understand every bits of it.