Neeraj

Neeraj

I was handed a project build in elixir which sends out notifications from different products in the organization using Sendgrid. One of my tasks is to build unit tests specifically for testing integration with Sendgrid.

The project uses GitHub - alexgaribay/sendgrid_elixir: Create and send composable emails with Elixir and SendGrid. · GitHub library to integrate with Sendgrid.

Coming from a Ruby background I tried using ExVCR to try and record HTTP responses from the above library but they are not compatible mainly because the library uses Tesla to send Http requests.

The ask is to build self contained tests that do not rely on specifying the Sendgrid API key to run them as the library requires.

Can anyone help me with reaching a solution ?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

hauleth

hauleth

Use Bypass if you can. Alternatively you can implement custom adapter that will allow you to intercept the requests (in fact I think it would be nice addition to Tesla itself).

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

rodloboz
Every other Phoenix project I start I find myself building some sort of rich text experience, either in LiveView or even switching to a F...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews