Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background
I have a Phoenix LiveView App inside an umbrella project which is basically a HelloWorld project.
In This Phoenix App is special though, in that it is a Desktop App:
My Phoenix app does not use Ecto nor any DB, so I had to add the usual PubSub line to the supervision tree in application.ex.
Problem
Everything works as expected, except when I close the application. Upon closing it I get an error:
12:19:22.507 [error] GenServer #PID<0.553.0> terminating
** (ArgumentError) unknown registry: WebInterface.PubSub
(elixir 1.13.1) lib/registry.ex:1334: Registry.info!/1
(elixir 1.13.1) lib/registry.ex:985: Registry.register/3
(phoenix_pubsub 2.0.0) lib/phoenix/pubsub.ex:117: Phoenix.PubSub.subscribe/3
(phoenix 1.6.5) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:419: Phoenix.Channel.Server.init_join/3
(phoenix 1.6.5) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:378: Phoenix.Channel.Server.channel_join/4
(phoenix 1.6.5) lib/phoenix/channel/server.ex:298: Phoenix.Channel.Server.handle_info/2
(stdlib 3.16.1) gen_server.erl:695: :gen_server.try_dispatch/4
(stdlib 3.16.1) gen_server.erl:771: :gen_server.handle_msg/6
Last message: {Phoenix.Channel, %{}, {#PID<0.541.0>, #Reference<0.3172133806.691273734.151736>}, %Phoenix.Socket{assigns: %{}, channel: Phoenix.LiveReloader.Channel, channel_pid: nil, endpoint: WebInterface.Endpoint, handler: Phoenix.LiveReloader.Socket, id: nil, join_ref: "4", joined: false, private: %{}, pubsub_server: WebInterface.PubSub, ref: nil, serializer: Phoenix.Socket.V2.JSONSerializer, topic: "phoenix:live_reload", transport: :websocket, transport_pid: #PID<0.541.0>}}
State: #Reference<0.3172133806.691273734.151738>
Here is my application.ex file:
defmodule WebInterface.Application do
# See https://hexdocs.pm/elixir/Application.html
# for more information on OTP Applications
@moduledoc false
use Application
alias Desktop
@impl true
def start(_type, _args) do
children = [
WebInterface.Telemetry,
WebInterface.Endpoint,
{Phoenix.PubSub, name: WebInterface.PubSub},
{Desktop.Window,
[
app: :web_interface,
id: WebInterface,
title: "Web Interface",
size: {600, 500},
menubar: WebInterface.MenuBar,
url: &WebInterface.Endpoint.url/0
]}
]
opts = [strategy: :one_for_one, name: WebInterface.Supervisor]
Supervisor.start_link(children, opts)
end
@impl true
def config_change(changed, _new, removed) do
WebInterface.Endpoint.config_change(changed, removed)
:ok
end
end
What am I doing wrong?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
You should probably start pubsub before the endpoint… the order matters
shahryarjb
Hello, How to check
Pubsubis started or not? Because I have agenserversends data to my database, but I need to checkPubsubis started or not, if not I can return mygenserverwith a timeout until it is started.Update
I found it, I thought
Process.whereisjust acceptspid7stud
If you are getting the error:
(ArgumentError) unknown registry: AuctionWeb.PubSubwhile trying to follow “Phoenix in Action 1.4”, then you are in luck! Go here: