pepicrft
Hi ![]()
I’m using Elixir and Phoenix in a new open source project and I noticed that incremental builds are unreliable. Sometimes they work fine, and other times start yielding odd behaviours:
- It fails to compile an external dependency that had previously been successfully compiled.
- It starts compiling all the projects even if I only change one line of code in a file. I checked with
xrefand--sinkand no other module has a compile dependency with it.
My guess is that something is odd in my module graph, but xref is not revealing anything useful. How would you recommend debugging this issue? I was excited about everything Elixir would offer, but incremental builds that often get invalidated worsen the experience significantly.
Edit
I just noticed that the incremental build got invalidated after seeing an error popping in the bottom right corner of VSCode so it might have something to do with either the ElixirLS or Credo extensions.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
D4no0
Have you tried removing the
_buildfolder?I’ve had it a few times happen to me too, but those are very rare.
hst337
That’s strange. How can I reproduce it?
dimitarvp
I’d start with deleting VSCode’s directory – I think it was
.vscode? – and let it rebuild its stuff first. IIRC it kind of duplicates work with the Elixir LSP and that has been an occasional problem for people but was always solved by pruning the directories so far.D4no0
The elixir-ls uses a custom root directory named
.elixir-ls.I also might have a suspection there might be some kind of version mismatch, are you using
asdforrtxto manage elixir/OTP versions?pepicrft
I’ve disabled the Credo VSCode and that seems to have solved the issue. I wonder if it conflicts with ElixirLS somehow.