Unscope one route

Is it possible to unscope one route or reference in a Phoenix router scope?

Here is the code that is giving me trouble:

scope "/admin", MyApp.Admin, as: :admin do
    pipe_through :browser
    pipe_through :admin_browser

resources "/rooms", RoomsController, only: [:show, :index, :update]
    # ... other resources defined
    forward "/graphiql", Absinthe.Plug.GraphiQL, schema: MyApp.Schema
  end

I am getting the error: "(UndefinedFunctionError) function MyApp.Admin.Absinthe.Plug.GraphiQL.init/1 is undefined (module MyApp.Admin.Absinthe.Plug.GraphiQL is not available)" which makes sense given the scope’s alias. Since I have many different controllers under the MyApp.Admin “namespace” I would like to keep the alias, but “ignore” it for this one absinthe plug. Is that possible? Or do I have to remove the alias completely?

Interestingly enough, you can have two admin scopes:

scope "/admin", MyApp.Admin, as: :admin do

resources "/rooms", RoomsController, only: [:show, :index, :update]
  # ... other resources defined
end

scope "/admin" do
end

1 Like

Ah, yeah that works. I would prefer to have just one "/admin" scope so after playing around a bit I am leaning towards the following setup:

scope "/admin", as: :admin do

scope "/", MyApp.Admin do
      resources "/communities", CommunityController, only: [:show, :index, :update]
    end
  end

Is there any reason not to go with that approach? (note that the pipe_through :browser line does not apply to /admin/graphiql because of CSRF and mime type issues). I do realize that the Phoenix routing guide states:

Although technically scopes can also be nested (just like resources), the use of nested scopes is generally discouraged because it can sometimes make our code confusing and less clear.

I am open to hearing arguments for the completely separate scopes over my current solution if anyone has any.

Also @benwilson512 would you welcome a PR to mention this issue on the Absinthe Plug and Phoenix Setup doc?