hhofner

hhofner

I didn’t really want to put this as a question, so apologies if you think it should indeed be there, but I was trying to write an inline script tag in a heex file and the syntax highlighting is not supported, at least for TreeSitter in Neovim, Zed, and Nova.

Now I’m not sure why, I would have imagined since they are correctly highlighted in VSCode and Sublime Text, but I guess the above editors are using the same syntax grammar. Anyone know where I could report this, or even better, where could I suggest a fix?

It’s very minor, but it’s bothering me more than it should and have also been wondering if there’s a better way to add inline JavaScript, maybe from the view module or controller?



Showing Posts 1 to 3

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

I think there are issues with LiveView and inline JavaScript in general because it won’t execute as expected during re renders.

I believe Phoenix Hooks JavaScript interoperability — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5 are the canonical answer to this sort of thing.

christhekeele

christhekeele

I’ve noticed this too, in VSCode HEEx syntax highlighting. That’s where I would direct a bug ticket (or, the analogous syntax highlighter extension for your environment).

While this is true for most uses of JS script tags in LiveView, I can imagine there are valid usecases, and don’t see why the syntax highlighter shouldn’t support coloring correctly, so IMO a bug.

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

You folks likely want to report a bug/submit a PR here: GitHub - phoenixframework/tree-sitter-heex: HEEx grammer for Tree-sitter · GitHub

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
jtormey
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews