VincentBlackdot
i want to update only the current records being viewed by the user. but my current query is updating every record matching in the db.
how do i only apply this affect to only records that have been pulled by scrivener that the user is viewing
eg.
if my current table is only showing 10records on those 10 should change to there status to read
here is my query.
defmodule Messages do
def mark_status_updated do
MyApp.Messages.where(status: "PENDING" )
|> case do
[] -> []
pending_sms ->
Enum.map(pending_sms, fn smses ->
MyApp.Messages.update(smses, status: "READ")
end)
end
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
dimitarvp
Well, you should have access to the current pagination parameters. You can then use them to fetch only those records and change only them.
VincentBlackdot
this returns an error of
baldwindavid
Is the query being passed a single integer (10100) rather than the expected List of integers?
dimitarvp
I would do this to try and understand what’s wrong:
And take it from there.
VincentBlackdot
it returns this error
VincentBlackdot
it anonymously picks an id value places it in there depending on which function is use to call it.
if i used the function above that is when it returns that
dimitarvp
We will not go anywhere like that. Why don’t you try inspecting the SQL that Ecto is trying to send to the DB and show it to us?
baldwindavid
It appears that in one example a Scrivener.Page struct is being passed to
update_statusand, in the other, single integers rather than the expected List of integers. But, to @dimitarvp 's point, inspecting the query with his example code will likely uncover the issue quickly. Additionally,IO.inspectcan help a lot in debugging.For instance, it could be added to
update_status…It can also be added anywhere within a pipeline and multiple times…
Exercise the code in your tests or even the running app and the inspected values will appear in the terminal.
VincentBlackdot
thanks found my error and fixed it
dimitarvp
What was it? Share it for future reader’s reference?