azimlord

azimlord

Hi guys

I successfully deploy on DigitalOcean using edeliver and distillery. Note that I’m still new with elixir deployment.
After few commits I wanted to update the current release by using mix edeliver update.

Before I run mix edeliver update staging --start-deploy, I updated the version in mix.exs from 0.1.0 to 0.1.1.

Below are the logs when I run the mix edeliver update staging --start-deploy

$ mix edeliver update staging --start-deploy

EDELIVER MY_APP WITH UPDATE COMMAND

-----> Updating to revision 622916f from branch master
-----> Building the release for the update
-----> Authorizing hosts
-----> Ensuring hosts are ready to accept git pushes
-----> Pushing new commits with git to: deploy@[MY_IP_HERE]
-----> Resetting remote hosts to 622916f6ba82a176ee98cb4d6fc5dad97a4c1c09
-----> Cleaning generated files from last build
-----> Linking '/home/deploy/apps/my_app/secret/prod.secret.exs'
-----> Fetching / Updating dependencies
-----> Running npm install
-----> Compiling assets
-----> Running phoenix.digest
-----> Compiling sources
-----> Generating release
-----> Copying release 0.1.1 to local release store
-----> Copying pesta.tar.gz to release store
-----> Deploying version 0.1.1 to staging hosts
-----> Authorizing hosts
-----> Uploading archive of release 0.1.1 from local release store
-----> Cleaning release directory
-----> Extracting archive my_app_0.1.1.tar.gz into /home/deploy/apps
-----> Starting deployed release

Node on deploy@[MY_IP_HERE] was not updated. Still running version /home/deploy/apps/my_app/bin/my_app_rc_exec.sh: line 45: /home/deploy/apps/my_app/releases/0.1.0/my_app.sh: No such file or directory.

Im not sure what I did wrong after the first release.
If anyone needs any more information do ask. I would gladly provide more information.

Any kind of help would be great! Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

azimlord

azimlord OP

Here are my .deliver/config file in case anyone need it

APP="my_app"

BUILD_HOST="[MY_IP_HERE]"
BUILD_USER="deploy"
BUILD_AT="/tmp/edeliver/$APP/builds"

START_DEPLOY=true
CLEAN_DEPLOY=true

# prevent re-installing node modules; this defaults to "."
GIT_CLEAN_PATHS="_build rel priv/static"

PRODUCTION_HOSTS=""
PRODUCTION_USER=""

STAGING_HOSTS="[MY_IP_HERE]"
STAGING_USER="deploy"

DELIVER_TO="/home/deploy/apps"
# AUTO_VERSION=revision

# For Phoenix projects, symlink prod.secret.exs to our tmp source
pre_erlang_get_and_update_deps() {
  local _prod_secret_path="/home/deploy/apps/$APP/secret/prod.secret.exs"
  if [ "$TARGET_MIX_ENV" = "prod" ]; then
    status "Linking '$_prod_secret_path'"
    __sync_remote "
      [ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
      mkdir -p '$BUILD_AT'
      ln -sfn '$_prod_secret_path' '$BUILD_AT/config/prod.secret.exs'
    "
  fi
}

pre_erlang_clean_compile() {
  status "Running npm install"
    __sync_remote "
      [ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
      set -e
      cd '$BUILD_AT'/assets
      npm install
    "

  status "Compiling assets"
    __sync_remote "
      [ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile
      set -e
      cd '$BUILD_AT'/assets
      node_modules/.bin/webpack --mode production --silent
    "

  status "Running phoenix.digest" # log output prepended with "----->"
  __sync_remote " # runs the commands on the build host
    [ -f ~/.profile ] && source ~/.profile # load profile (optional)
    set -e # fail if any command fails (recommended)
    cd '$BUILD_AT' # enter the build directory on the build host (required)
    # prepare something
    mkdir -p priv/static # required by the phoenix.digest task
    # run your custom task
    APP='$APP' MIX_ENV='$TARGET_MIX_ENV' $MIX_CMD phx.digest $SILENCE
    APP='$APP' MIX_ENV='$TARGET_MIX_ENV' $MIX_CMD phx.digest.clean $SILENCE
  "
}
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews