Updating a LiveComponent from a child LiveComponent

Hi!

I’m wondering what is the best/most idiomatic way to communicate between a LiveComponent and its parent, also a LiveComponent.

I have LiveComponent A which renders LiveComponent B. Once I interact with B, it will eventually need to update A. A will also update the parent live view, but this is not an issue right now.

Some possible solutions would be:

Keep the LiveView as source of truth
I could keep all the state for A in the LiveView and pass it down, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having a LiveComponent to put the state in it.

Communicate through the LiveView
I could keep the state in A, and use the LiveView as a sort of message broker between B and A: B can use send/2 and update its grandparent LiveView, then inside handle_info/2 the LiveView can update A.

I don’t like this solution because then the LiveView needs to know about B, and would scale poorly

Use send_update
B can use send_update/2 targeting A and its id. This looks great BUT it requires B to know its parent, which means I can’t readily use B in a different context. Maybe if I passed the module and id to B as parameters?

Am I missing some idiomatic option to communicate between LiveComponents or some important details about the solutions I have already explored?

Thanks in advance!