Laurent

Laurent

Hi
We are currently on elixir 1.14.3, we import matrix dependency: {:matrix, "~> 0.3.0"},

After upgrading to 1.15.6 there is now an error by starting the application:

error: undefined variable "description"
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:7: Matrix.Mixfile.project/0

error: undefined variable "package"
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:8: Matrix.Mixfile.project/0

error: undefined variable "deps"
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:10: Matrix.Mixfile.project/0

warning: function deps/0 is unused
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:21: Matrix.Mixfile (module)

warning: function description/0 is unused
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:26: Matrix.Mixfile (module)

warning: function package/0 is unused
  /home/me/project/deps/matrix/mix.exs:33: Matrix.Mixfile (module)

Error while loading project :matrix at /home/me/project/deps/matrix
** (CompileError) deps/matrix/mix.exs: cannot compile module Matrix.Mixfile (errors have been logged)

Looking at deps/matrix/mix.exs I can see

def project do
    [app: :matrix,
     version: "0.3.2",
     description: description,
     package: package,
     elixir: "~> 1.1",
     deps: deps,
     docs: [extras: []]]
  end

Now if I turn it to:

  def project do
    [app: :matrix,
     version: "0.3.2",
     description: description(),
     package: package(),
     elixir: "~> 1.1",
     deps: deps(),
     docs: [extras: []]]
  end

(just for fun, i.e. calling functions instead) then it compiles.

So it looks like the dependency should be upgraded to support elixir 1.15, or did I misunderstood? I am asking because I cannot find the dependency github, so we probably will have to use another dependency for matrix.

Thx!

Showing Posts 1 to 2

mayel

mayel

That’s right. I see the github link on that library’s hex.pm page though? And it has a PR for 1.15: upgrading to Elixir 15, and dependencies to latest by fabio-t · Pull Request #9 · twist-vector/elixir-matrix · GitHub

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

That project seems to be rarely updated so you can just fork it and add that patch yourself and use your version instead.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
peck
Hi everyone. My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews