Upgrading to Elixir Failed Windows 11

I’m just learning Elixir. I had an earlier version of Elixir I installed on Windows 10. Worked perfectly. I’ve since upgraded Windows 11. I installed the latest version of Elixir. Install worked perfectly, no errors. When I do an elixir -v from terminal I get the following. I looked all over and I can’t find a solution.

D:\userdata>elixir -v
{"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{elixir,start_cli,[],[]},{init,start_em,1,[{file,"init.erl"},{line,1115}]},{init,do_boot,3,[{file,"init.erl"},{line,823}]}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ({undef,[{elixir,start_cli,[],[]},{init,start_em,1,[{_},{_}]},{init,do_boot,3,[{_},{_}]}]})

Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...done

Got it to work. I thought when you installed new version of Elixir it would install a compatible version of Erlang. I uninstalled Elixir and Erlang. Installed latest version of Erlang and latest version of Elixir. Remove old Erlang path from path variable. It worked.

D:\>elixir -v
Erlang/OTP 24 [erts-12.3.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [ds:8:8:10] [async-threads:1] [jit]

Elixir 1.13.4 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 22)
1 Like

I have had this same problem on Windows 10. When upgrading I always just uninstall Elixir, uninstall Erlang then install new version of Elixir.