robert
Hi,
I’m trying to use arc to upload to s3, but facing some issues in the road.
Here what happens, if I upload {jpg, png, etc…} I want arc to run some transform on it before saving.
However that’s not the case for a pdf file. Could someone give me some direction?
My goal is to put both validate in a single file
arc: 0.11.0
arc_ecto: 0.11.1
phoenix: 1.4.0
Here is the code:
defmodule Cidades.AnexoUploader do
use Arc.Definition
use Arc.Ecto.Definition
@versions [:original, :thumb, :mini_thumb]
@extension_whitelist ~w(.jpg .jpeg .gif .png .pdf)
#def acl(:thumb, _), do: :public_read
@acl :public_read
def validate({file, _}) do
file_extension = file.file_name |> Path.extname |> String.downcase
Enum.member?(@extension_whitelist, file_extension)
cond do
not (~w(.pdf) |> Enum.member?(Path.extname(file.file_name))) -> transform(:thumb, {file})
(~w(.pdf) |> Enum.member?(Path.extname(file.file_name))) -> {:ok}
end
end
def transform(:thumb, {file, _scope}) do
{:convert, "-strip -thumbnail x500^ -gravity center -extent x500 -format jpg", :jpg}
end
def transform(:mini_thumb, {file, _scope}) do
{:convert, "-strip -thumbnail 200x200^ -gravity center -extent 200x200 -format jpg", :jpg}
end
def filename(version, {_file, _scope}) do
#file_name = Path.basename(file.file_name, Path.extname(file.file_name))
#"#{version}_#{:os.system_time}"
#"#{scope.uuid}_#{version}_#{file_name}"
"#{version}"
end
# Override the storage directory:
def storage_dir(_version, {_file, scope}) do
IO.inspect(scope)
"uploads/#{scope.uuid}"
#"#{String.downcase(scope.tipo)}/#{scope.mun.cnpj}/#{scope.uuid}"
end
# def __storage do
# case Mix.env do
# :dev -> Arc.Storage.Local
# :test -> Arc.Storage.Local
# _ -> Arc.Storage.S3
# end
#delete all versions of an avatar
#def remove(scope) do
# storage_dir(nil, {scope.avatar, scope}) |> File.rm_rf!
#end
# Provide a default URL if there hasn't been a file uploaded
# def default_url(version, scope) do
# "/images/avatars/default_#{version}.png"
# end
# Specify custom headers for s3 objects
# Available options are [:cache_control, :content_disposition,
# :content_encoding, :content_length, :content_type,
# :expect, :expires, :storage_class, :website_redirect_location]
#
# def s3_object_headers(_version, {file, _scope}) do
# [content_type: MIME.from_path(file.file_name)]
# end
end
How can I solve this?
Newcomer to forum, sorry for any miss…
arc, arc_ecto
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
OvermindDL1
First this isn’t doing anything, I think you want to return if it fails or something?
Second, you seem to be calling transform from your validate function, this check should probably belong in the transform functions themselves?
Third, no need to duplicate the test:
Etc to start with.
robert
thank you, I’ll try to use your tips to start with