jmurphyweb

jmurphyweb

Is it possible to adapt path helpers to take a %Date{} struct as a param?
eg:

path = proj_apprvl_path(conn, :index, project, week_end_date)

ATM we are having to run:

week_end_date =  Date.to_string(week_end_date)
path = proj_apprvl_path(conn, :index, project, week_end_date)

The route is defined:

scope "/projects/:proj_id", as: :proj do
  get("/timecards/:week_end_date/approval", TimecardApprovalController, :index, as: "apprvl")
end

I can see from the Phoenix.Param docs that we can define a specific param for a given struct but I can’t see how to adapt for me because we are not passing a custom struct but the elixir %Date{} one.

Unless I were to create a specific %WeekEndDate{} struct, which I don’t think I want to.

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

Showing Posts 1 to 5

idi527

idi527

:waving_hand:

What stops you from implementing phoenix param for the date struct?

defimpl Phoenix.Param, for: Date do
  def to_param(date) do
    Date.to_string(date)
  end
end

Would it work? (I haven’t tried)

jmurphyweb

jmurphyweb OP

To be honest I didn’t really understand if/how that would work.

Can I ask where I’d define that?

idi527

idi527

I think you can define it anywhere in the lib/ directory (so that it gets compiled).

jmurphyweb

jmurphyweb OP

Great, will try and update. Cheers :+1:

jmurphyweb

jmurphyweb OP

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks @idi527 :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

robertsfeir
Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, so be gentle (or at least polite). I’ve been lurking for a while and I’m genuinely excit...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews