gpartha

gpartha

Hi,

I am trying to use aws-elixir to access local Minio, any example code to refer to?

Thanks,
Partha

Showing Posts 1 to 5

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Happy to help. What have you tried?

gpartha

gpartha OP

Managed to get it working. Documenting the steps for others. If there is better way, please do let me know

  1. Running Minio locally at 9000
  2. Have the Client created as follows

iex(1)> client = AWS.Client.create(“id”, “key”, “localhost”)
iex(2)> client = %{client | port: 9000}
iex(3)> client = %{client | proto: “http”}
iex(4)> client = %{client | endpoint: “localhost”}

#AWS.Client<
  region: "localhost",
  service: nil,
  endpoint: "localhost",
  proto: "http",
  port: 9000,
  http_client: {AWS.HTTPClient.Hackney, []},
  json_module: {AWS.JSON, []},
  xml_module: {AWS.XML, []},
  ...

Then used it to invoke

iex(5)> AWS.S3.create_bucket(client, “mybucket”, %{})

{:ok, nil,
 %{
   body: "",
   headers: [
     {"Server", "nginx/1.19.2"},
     {"Date", "Tue, 03 Oct 2023 22:30:21 GMT"},
     {"Content-Length", "0"},
     {"Connection", "keep-alive"},
     {"Accept-Ranges", "bytes"},
     {"Location", "/mybucket"},
     {"Strict-Transport-Security", "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains"},
     {"Vary", "Origin"},
     {"Vary", "Accept-Encoding"},
     {"X-Amz-Id-2",
      "e0c385c033c4356721cc9121d3109c9b9bfdefb22fd2747078acd22328799e36"},
     {"X-Amz-Request-Id", "178AB98C4ABCE5E0"},
     {"X-Content-Type-Options", "nosniff"},
     {"X-Xss-Protection", "1; mode=block"}
   ],
   status_code: 200
 }}
brunoripa

brunoripa

Sorry, I don’t understand the context. What’s AWS.Client, maybe you aliased something ? I am looking to do the same actually.

linusdm

linusdm

I guess OP was using this module? AWS.Client — aws-elixir v1.0.13

The library has evolved since October 2023, but this module still exists. (Didn’t try to run this code though.)

almir-neto

almir-neto

Nice, this works fine to me too!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews