I recently watched @BrooklinJazz’s great talk about using Livebook to teach students:
It inspired me to give Livebook a try for a data transformation project. It turned out to be perfect for the project, so now I’m a huge fan.
I decided to try using Livebook, Explorer, and VegaLite for the exercises in the R for Data Science book.
Explorer takes influences mainly from the tidyverse which is a set of R packages for data science.
The examples worked very well. I went through Chapters 2, 4, and 6. The only thing I couldn’t figure out was
relocate to reorder columns.
If you are curious, I’ve uploaded the csv files and Livebook to Github: