D4no0

D4no0

Hello,
currently I have an application that uses liveview mostly. At the current moment I have popup menu with some other buttons that are handled in javascript. I wanted to refactor and change all the javascript with a liveview component.

The way I decided to move everything from app to a new liveview, and leave the app only as reference to liveview layout:
app.html.eex |> root_layout.html.leex |> other children layouts

Is there any downside to this approach? Or is it possible to refactor root layout to be liveview directly?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

paulgoetze

paulgoetze

Hey, I’d would probably set up a root.html.eex, app.htlm.eex, and live.html.leex, as it was done in the live_view example app: Fix layouts · chrismccord/phoenix_live_view_example@c683680 · GitHub . This works for phoenix_live_view v0.10.0.

This allows you to have both routes with and without LiveView (e.g. if you just need a static page at some point or the like.)

D4no0

D4no0 OP

This is what I currently have, this solves none of the problems. What I will end up doing most probably is to put multiple liveviews in root and allow communication between them via pubsub.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews